Please indicate for which project your work is being submitted:
Stories in the Time of A Pandemic
Season of Grieving
Rejection Anthology * Sometimes It’s Preferable to Breathe in Black & White * Lipstick & Other Servitudes *
R E V I E W S E S S A Y S F I N E A R T & P H O T O G R A P H Y
For larger files please email firstname.lastname@example.org
L I T E R A T I M A G A Z I N E thanks for your interest.
If you select to submit, please ensure your submission is
- Clear of basic errors and structurally sound.
- Submit your best work.
- That any quoted or ‘found poetry’ is correctly attributed to sources.
- That you indicate if the work has been previously published or, is simultaneously published.
- Any infringement of copyright, by failing to acknowledge sources accurately, will result in the submission being rejected.
POEMS should not be longer than 40 lines and please do not submit more than three at a time.
FICTION should not exceed 5000 words.
Images, film extracts, music and inter-disciplinary works
- must be original works.
- copyright remains with you and it is your responsibility to acquire relevant rights where necessary should you be including the original work of others and to declare sources.
- Any infringement of copyright by failing to acknowledge sources accurately, will result in the submission being rejected.
General Points to Note
- Familiarity with work we publish is always an advantage.
- Artists and writers whose work may be selected or included in the LITERATI MAGAZINE print editions will be notified directly and the publication details discussed individually.
- Should LITERATI MAGAZINE seek exclusive usage, or access to rights, this will be discussed directly on an individual basis.
- LITERATI MAGAZINE reserves the right to reject work it deems unnecessarily inflammatory, racist, gratuitously violent and / or sexually explicit or abusive.
- Ignoring submission guidelines will result in rejection.
- Should you wish to submit work for professional critique or commentary please indicate this clearly in the subject of your submission, as it will not be added to the reading for publication list.
- Submissions to the 2020 REJECTION ANTHOLOGY is welcome. This does not imply a blanket acceptance of every rejected piece submitted on the basis of previous rejection. Any submission can be rejected at the publisher’s discretion, ESPECIALLY if these ignore guidelines regarding explicit and graphic content.
- As Literati Magazine published the work of minors, from time to time, no sexually or violently explicit material is acceptable.
- To conform to publishing ethics standards we strive to maintain, we expect anyone submitting work to Literati Magazine, to clarify directly to editorial or publishing staff when a piece concerns anyone personally close or known to one. We use publisher’s discretion to decide if this constitutes a conflict of interest/ unwarranted bias toward one person over another, or not.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO OUR VERY BEST TO RESPOND AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. SINCE THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK OUR RESOURCES AND STAFFING HAS BEEN MINIMAL AND INCURS UNFORTUNATE DELAYS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE. WE DO UNDERTAKE TO RESPOND TO EVERY SUBMISSION.
PERCEIVED BIAS AND OR CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Following a recent case in which one of Literati Magazine’s authors was accused of bias, we have amended our submission guidelines, particularly with respect to essays, articles and reviews:
ALL such submissions must declare any known association, professional or private of anyone who might be featured in a submitted work. As DISSENTIENT and MANOEUVRE present potentially provocative topics and from time to time, can involve individuals known or related to the authors, it is essential that our editorial staff are fully informed of such connections.
DUE DILIGENCE is expected at all times and Literati Magazine cannot be held liable for misrepresentations by authors or contributors, who are solely responsible for the content of the work submitted.
ACCURACY and FACT CHECKING are likewise basic submission requirements.
For further information on Literati Magazine’s CODE OF ETHICS
To ensure the protection of writers and their work, comments are disabled at editorial discretion. Letters to the editors can be sent via our online contact form
©Literati Magazine 1999-2020 All rights reserved.